Tuesday 7 February 2012

Suzanne and Owen

 

 

This is a photo of my friend Suzanne, walking with her son Owen.

As a moving in present I decided to paint my interpretation for her  new home….

suzanne and owen

Whilst thinking about how I wanted to do this, I decided that I would love Owen to be the main feature in the painting, without him being the largest object IMAG0535or in the centre. So to do that I thought about painting everything in black, white and grey then put Owen in colour….

 

With it starting to take shape, to try and give a little depth I sketched my idea direct onto the canvas and laid down the basic colours, whilst still deciding about how to do the background.

 

A few more hours later, once the original colour layers had dried I could add light and shade and decided to keep the background in dark colours to ensure that Owen was the only one in colour.

IMAG0540

2 comments:

  1. Hey you!!! That's fantastic!! Why have you been hiding this talent away from the world for so long!!!

    Oh and I'm your first follower!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! Now go and follow me on Facebook :) will be adding more as I finish them, happy to sell any and commission paintings :)

    ReplyDelete