Friday 9 March 2012

About Me

Hi everyone!

 

As I have a moments peace from my hectic life I thought that I would sit down for a moment and write an ‘About Me’ post.

My love of Art has always been with me and is something that, even going back to winning a drawing competition in Primary School, is a love that has been a constant in my life. (Although at times put on the back burner)

After leaving Secondary School with an A* at GCSE level, I went onto The Somerset College of Arts and Technology. Although this is a fantastic college with great tutors, whilst at college I unfortunately started to realise that there are much more talented artists out there and became more worried about doing everything technically correct. Due to this, I lost a huge amount of confidence in my work and put down my paintbrush until this year, 2012.

After having 2 beautiful children and finding a little more time to myself, I have decided to pick up my paintbrush once more. Doing so now without caring what College tutors or School teachers think of how I am doing or giving tips on how to complete a project. Now I can simply paint things that inspire me and complete pieces when I so desire. Doing this has made me much more confident in my work.

Hopefully those who have purchased and view my paintings will grow to love them as much as I have whilst working on them!

Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment